Food and beverage companies face many unique supply chain challenges. These include complex inventory control and allocation requirements, increasingly challenging regulatory/product recalls, RFID, slow growth markets that necessitate continuous cost reduction, high transportation costs, and both plant-direct and “mixing center” distribution models. In addition, many food and beverage companies are involved in direct store delivery, which create further logistics challenges.
Made4net provides a powerful set of capabilities for food and beverage supply chains. This includes capabilities both for manufacturers, as well as a special focus on the unique requirements for beverage and food distributors. Enabling flexibility to respond in real time to ever-changing demands and achieve higher throughput in a shorter timeframe, Made4net offers a solid platform for increasing inventory, improving service levels and lowering costs.
With the growing interest and requirements for GTI and PTI within food and produce distributors, we offer a compliant platform for achieving internal ROI while meeting compliance requirements.
Some of the benefits and capabilities Made4net provides for this industry:
- Sophisticated inventory control: lot, batch, FEFO and expiration date management, etc.
- Dynamic routing and transportation management
- Flexible inventory allocation rules
- RFID support
- Powerful task management/task interleaving
- Building pallets by item mass / strength
- Reduce Errors
- Yard and dock door management
- Value-added processing
- Retail compliance (labeling, documentation, PTI, GS1, EDI)
- Optimizes facility and labor resources
- Completely integrated voice technology support
- Mobile applications for route drivers
- Order management
- Powerful event management
- Flexible user defined solution